Schools Marathon Challenge
- The Niagara Falls International Marathon is pleased to announce the ninth annual SCHOOLS MARATHON CHALLENGE.
- The Schools Marathon Challenge is designed to help children become physically fit through the sport of running. This is a FREE program open to students in grades three to eight, for schools in the Niagara Region and surrounding areas that fits in with the Ontario Physical Education curriculum.
- Registered students will run the first 40 kilometers of the marathon in the six weeks prior to race day (incorporated into physical activity classes and extracurricular activities). Each student will need to fill out a Brooks running log book to record their running distance and have it verified by their Physical Education teacher, principal or parent/guardian.
- Race Day (Sunday, October 27, 2013) – Students will run to the official marathon finish line, a distance of 2.195 km, to complete the combined marathon distance of 42.195 kilometers.
- New Start Time – The Schools Marathon Challenge will now start at 8:00am. We ask that students and chaperones arrive early to check-in, assemble as a group and take part in the warm up!
- New Start Location – The Schools Marathon Challenge will now start at Kings Bridge Park (7870 Niagara Pkwy, Niagara Falls, ON, L0S 1J0) near Chippawa Creek. Take Portage Road and turn left onto Macklem Street. On the right hand side will be the entrance to a turn-about loop. Due to road closures and limited parking this is a drop off area only. Please make arrangements to carpool. Parking TBA.
- Happy Feet Dance will be hosting an interactive warm up designed to energize and motivate the students at the start of the race.
- CAP - There will be a cap of 1,000 students. Spaces will be granted on a (first-come-first-serve basis – no limit per school).
* Finisher’s Medal
* Commemorative Timing Chip
* Drink & Snack
DEADLINE – All entry forms must be handed in to the Marathon Office (as a group) by September 20th, 2013. Any forms submitted past this date will not be accepted, no exceptions. This is necessary to order correct numbers of shirts, medals, etc. in a timely manner.
Need more info?
Niagara Falls International Marathon
5300 Willmott Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada L2E 2A7
Tel: 905-356-9460, Fax: 905-356-7156