- The Niagara Falls International Marathon is pleased to announce the ninth annual SCHOOLS MARATHON CHALLENGE.
- The Schools Marathon Challenge is designed to help children become physically fit through the sport of running. This is a FREE program open to students in grades three to eight, for schools in the Niagara Region and surrounding areas that fits in with the Ontario Physical Education curriculum.
- Registered students will run the first 40 kilometers of the marathon in the six weeks prior to race day (incorporated into physical activity classes and extracurricular activities). Each student will need to fill out a Brooks running log book to record their running distance and have it verified by their Physical Education teacher, principal or parent/guardian.
- Race Day (Sunday, October 27, 2013) – Students will run to the official marathon finish line, a distance of 2.195 km, to complete the combined marathon distance of 42.195 kilometers.
- New Start Time – The Schools Marathon Challenge will now start at 8:00am. We ask that students and chaperones arrive early to check-in, assemble as a group and take part in the warm up.
- New Finish Line Location – Due to impending Niagara Parks Commission road work and construction on the bridge, the Niagara Falls International Marathon is moving its finish line back to its roots. Prior to 2006, NFIM hosted its finish line at the Toronto Power Generating Station National Historic Site of Canada. We strive to make your finish experience as exciting as possible and this year is no exception. This new and improved historical finish area is exclusive to NFIM participants, spectators and public.
- FREE Parking – at Upper Rapids Blvd parking lot (Start Location). It is a short walk (1K) from you vehicle to the finish line and back. Free Shuttles!
- Prize Draw – Each student will be automatically entered into a draw presented by Minacs for Apple electronic devices including an ipod, ipad and additional prizes. Three (3) prize winners will be selected. More information to follow.
- Interactive Warm-Up designed to energize and motivate the students at the start of the race.
- CAP - There will be a cap of 1,000 students. Spaces will be granted on a (first-come-first-serve basis).
* Finisher’s Medal
* Commemorative MyLap Timing Bib
* Drink & Snack
DEADLINE – All entry forms must be handed in to the Marathon Office (as a group) by September 25th, 2013. Any forms submitted past this date will not be accepted, no exceptions. This is necessary to order correct numbers of shirts, medals, etc. in a timely manner.
Need more info?
Niagara Falls International Marathon
5300 Willmott Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada L2E 2A7
Tel: 905-356-9460, Fax: 905-356-7156