- Sunday October 14th ***NEW START TIME 9:00 a.m. race start, course closes at 4 p.m.
- Point to point course starting at Albright Knox Art Gallery, 1285 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY
- Finish right at the brink of the Falls!
- 9:00 a.m. race start, course closes at 4 p.m.
- ***NEW - Runners MUST reach the Half Marathon timing mat (21.1 k/13.1 m) by 12:30 p.m. Runners arriving after 12:30 p.m. will be given a Half Marathon medal & bussed back to the Finish Line
- Boston Qualifier
- No strollers or walkers allowed
- Minimum age requirement to race: 18
- Mandatory race kit pickup/Customs Clearance at the Expo
- PACE BUNNIES: Stay tuned for updates in 2018
- Buses to the start for PARTICIPANTS only: ***NEW TIME 6:30-7:00 a.m. at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5685 Falls Avenue Niagara Falls. Passport required to board bus.
- Complimentary We-Go buses available from finish line to Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Spectator paid parking available at Finish Line: Across from Table Rock Welcome Centre at 6650 Niagara Parkway
- Post-race awards at the event: 1st/2nd/3rd overall (male/female). Note that starting in 2017 awards are non-monetary
- Age groups: 19 & Under, 20-24 & every 5 year age group (1st/2nd/3rd)
CUSTOMS & IMMIGRATION
STEP 1: Entry into Canada (Flying or driving across the Border to your hotel/expo. For the Marathon Peace Bridge crossing on race day, see Step 2 below)
Closest airports - You will fly into either Buffalo International Airport in the U.S.A. or Toronto Pearson International Airport in Canada. With either scenario, you will need to rent a car to drive to your hotel (our sponsor hotels are listed here). Buffalo Airport is closer to Niagara Falls Canada and usually has less traffic en route. However, which airport you fly into is your personal preference.
Here's what you need to enter Canada:
1. Valid Passport
2. You MAY need a VISA as well. Go to this website to determine if you need a VISA: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
3. Make sure you do not have a criminal record as you will not be allowed in. Unsure? Check here: Determine if I am inadmissible into Canada
STEP 2: Race Day crossing of the Peace Bridge. This applies to those running the MARATHON only. All other races START in Canada.
Please choose one of the following options:
- Canadian/U.S. Citizen: Must have valid ID: Passport, Enhanced Driver's License or Nexus Card.
2. All others:
A. Valid passport
B. I-94 entry document PRIOR to race day available from U.S. Customs. Participants must obtain this form IN PERSON from the Rainbow Bridge (91-109 Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls, NY 14303). You can walk across the Rainbow Bridge from most hotels in downtown Niagara Falls, Canada.
C. You MAY need a VISA as well to enter the U.S. Please refer to the U.S. Customs website to learn about visa requirements for entry into the U.S.
- You register online & this information is sent to U.S. & Canadian customs for pre-clearance in early September
- If there are any issues with pre-clearance, Border personnel contact you directly
- At kit pickup, you show Customs Officials your VALID I.D (passport, NEXUS, Enhanced Driver's License)
- On race day, you BRING WITH YOU on the shuttle bus, your valid i.d. and, if applicable I-94 form
- You either run with your i.d. or leave it on our SECURE baggage transport buses in your bag to pickup at the finish line
Note that BIBS must be VISIBLE when crossing the Peace Bridge
Participants are given a special plastic bag at the expo/kit pickup. This is the ONLY bag that will be accepted on the Baggage Bus. Personal bags are NOT permitted.
Once you have arrived at the Start Area, please place your bag on the bus that corresponds with your bib number. Buses will in turn transport your bags to the finish line area. Buses are monitored and kept secure by race volunteers at all times.
- Register by Sept. 30th to receive a personalized bib with your name on it!
- Registration CLOSES Tuesday Oct.9th at midnight
- Bib numbers EMAILED week of Oct.8th
- Packet Pickup at EXPO:TBD
- No registration or kit pickup on race day
REGISTER for 2018!
Bib Transfers/Distance Changes
- Log into registration account
- Bib transfers (i.e. selling your bib) approx. $11.90
- Distance changes DOWN: approx. $3.33
- No refunds or deferrals but the option to sell your bib before Sept.30th
- Last date for any changes online Sept.30th
(Earlier if race sells out. Distance changes at the Expo if not sold out)
Groups MUST use Race Roster to register
Groups of 12: One free registration
Email us to obtain registration promo code:
people [at] niagarafallsmarathon [dot] com
Customize your Finishing Time - iTAB
If you would like to receive a custom insert with your name and finishing time (fits into back of your medal), you can purchase this option ($12 CDN) during your registration under "iTAB." You can expect to receive your iTAB ~4-6 weeks after race date.