Medal Reveal Contest
Our 2018 Race Medals are in and what better way to reveal them than with a little CONTEST!
Here’s how the contest will work:
On Monday July 23rd we will post a question HERE for you to answer. On Tuesday morning we will draw 1 name from those that have answered the MONDAY question CORRECTLY & that person will receive a $25 Running Room gift certificate
On Tuesday July 24th we will post TWO questions HERE for you to answer. On Wednesday morning we will draw 2 names from those that have answered BOTH TUESDAY questions CORRECTLY & those 2 people will each receive a $25 Running Room gift certificate
On Wednesday July 25th we will post THREE questions HERE for you to answer. On Thursday morning we will draw 3 names from those that have answered ALL WEDNESDAY questions CORRECTLY & those 3 people will each receive a $25 Running Room gift certificate
On Thursday July 26th we will post 1 final question. On Friday morning we will draw 4 names from those that have answered this one THURSDAY question CORRECTLY & those 4 people will each receive a $25 Running Room gift certificate. That’s it! We will reveal our 2018 medals on Friday July 27 here, on Facebook and on Instagram!
The FINAL question Winner: Sandra G.
Final question answer:
History! The theme of this year’s medals is history!
Wednesday’s Winners: Katie, Lorretta & Alison
1. Horseshoe Falls are taller (57m) than the American Falls (21-34m)
2. FALSE – Back in the 1800s, ferries were used to transport people across the Niagara River, not cows (but it sounded legit!)
3. TRUE – “Niagara Dry” softdrink was REAL! I’ll post a photo of it on FB & IG
Tuesday’s Winners: Kim & Teresa
1. The Falls are approximately 12,000 years old
2. TRUE – There is currently a road in Niagara Falls Canada called “Portage Road.” This road was the original portage route for canoes, established by Native People & later used by Europeans when they settled the area.
Monday’s Winner: Gaylene
NORTH – The Niagara River that feeds the Falls flows north